Thread: Trail riding uk
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage sausage View Post
"25 mph voluntary limit" FORGET THAT!! I want to make noise, I want to ride fast.... I bought a 2 stroke enduro bike to have fun on,not potter around on.
The clue is in the name: enduro bike ! ie (nearly always closed course these days) competition bike. As it happens, EC 250 / 300 in particular also make great trail bikes because they still work well when rode at a fraction of their potential, but the local enduro, or even one of the practice day events is the place for giving it some, not on unsurfaced public roads with unwitting members of the public / livestock et c. wandering around the place. The challenge on greenlanes comes from tackling the difficult 'sections' - climbs, steps, deep mud and so on, not going flat out in sixth.

The UK is a small island with too many people living on it and a bit of consideration to other greenlane users is what we need for the majority to get along. There will always be petty spiteful types who will hate us regardless, but there's no need to p1ss off even more people.