View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 04:37 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

here is a review on the clake and other JHRB by mike sigety for his erzberg trip last year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh2ez...8&feature=plcp

he eventually went with the rekluse version and said it was very useful for extreme cases when you have to hop off your bike on a steep slope and wait for someone to throw you a rope for the rest of the climb.
It would be helpful for those big rock downhills as you can paddle with both feet but i think you will then never learn to ride down as you should.

At erzberg i walked some of the downhills after the last checkpoint (so only about 10 riders rode it) and i battled to walk it - v steep (would hang from one tree trunk to the next), slippy wet clay mud - and what i noticed was that there were no skid marks and no signs of overshooting the corners, those guys maintained constant wheel rotation (think: ABS)
If you ride with a LHRB and are a downhill paddler you are most likely never going to overcome your fear and will always be walking or locking up on downhills - it is something i really want to overcome as i think i go up hills faster and with less energy than comming down the same hill!

PS i used to ride with a rekluse and thought until recently that it was the best thing you could ever put in your bike, i now know the best thing is "motion lotion"!!