View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 05:32 PM

I put this in another post but if fits here just as well!!!

I can't count the times I have heard guys/dealers say the KTM hardparts gas cap works great. WTF--why don't they just put that on the bike----ohhhhh it costs a rediculous amount and everyone is buying it extra!!!!

GAS GAS puts the best parts on there bike from everything that works!

Buy the way---I rode an 06 EC250, my 2nd year racing it and just wrapped up the Expert 250 Championship in NETRA---battling right now for 4th overall but if anyone knows about parts availability its me and I have not seen a single issue with getting parts. And I don't need parts because they break I just wear them out.

Like what was said before there are so many crossover common parts it makes it easy to find common stuff.
Just a few I have worn out-
Throttle tube--honda
Cables--motion pro
Levers--honda---magura
Footpegs--yamaha
Front wheel bearings--suzuki
rear rim---excel
rear spokes---buchanan(sp)
Pipes---FMF if need be
clutches--DP--moose

These bikes are rock solid and stand up to a pounding--in fact I'm still running stock linkage stuff(2years)because the awesome seal(orings) are the best idea I've ever seen on a dirtbike--they just don't where out and lets the bearings last forever---I now think its a conspiracy for any manufacture to install regular seals because they wear out and demand replacement bearings$$$$

Also I ride in some of the rockies nasties stuff and have yet to derail a chain or mangle a chain guide--Best stuff taken from another brand--do not fool yourself and change it--it works! I've been on rutty nasty rides where I was the only bike that didn't derail a chain. I wasn't riding with any huskies though

This bike is awesome and the distributorship is killing one of the best all around bikes ever made!