View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 03:02 PM

Useless anyway, they are for jetting the bike to Euro emissions spec with the CAT chamber and intake restrictor.

When I look at the bike from the side at seat level, there is a gap under the seat thats quite long, seems like plenty of air space. Also, the bike did not make any more power when the seat fell off twice. Maybe this is some artifact of the original flat filter design that undoubtly did have flow and filtration issues.

The easiest way to drown the bike is wash it in the normal manner. The filter is a direct shot through the gaps between the subframe and airbox section, be carefull, don't wash and start it without checking or you could suck a wet filters worth of dirty water into the motor. I noticed this and stuffed some old scrap foam strips in there before bath time, PIA though. When I have time I'm going to take that whole airbox/fender/subframe out, drill the pop rivits out and take it apart, reassemble with RTV on the joints and the gaps properly blocked off. Should be good then, its actually a nice big airbox and easy to change the filter.