View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 11:15 AM

Default Bike for my 18yr old baby girl

Hi guys, long story short is I am getting a "race" bike for my daughter.
She is 5'3, weights in around 110 and has been on & off dirt bikes her whole life. She started at 4 yrs of age and by 5-6 was racing pee wee harescrambles & local fair motocross's. She grew up on a pw50, xr50, xr 80, etc. and after a absence she has gotten back into riding (most recently on a RM85). She got a liking to a street bike so I got her a good o'le Suz GS450 and rebuilt it over the winter, but the trade off was selling the RM85.
We have been talking lately about her having another shot at racing dirt bikes before her window closes on having a shot at progressing up the ranks. She wants to start training and start racing in the womens class or C class this next spring. (the trade off is no more street bike..lol) which is fine by me!
I want to focus on her and give her the tools to do well. I am even willing to stop racing myself to do the real deal for her.
With all that said...when she had the RM85 she could touch the ground & start it on her own.. YEY. BUT, to race in the series that she will be running the bike/class displacement must be 86cc & above (no 85 cc bikes allowed).
So that knocks out quite a few options. I WISH GASGAS or Husqv or TM had a race bike that wasn't so high off the ground...lol I have a gasgas 200 and think its 2 heavy for her (plus 2 tall).
Looking for what you guys think on a competitive bike 2 or 4stroke above the 85cc limit that would work in the woods, start easy and be able to be flat footed at 5'3.
We are looking at a 2013 CRF150R expert model.The local honda dealer knows us and has worked with Scarlet before when she used to race and is excited at the prospect of helping her out.

Any ideas besides the CRF? any euro models that we are overlooking? need something easy to ride (starts good, light and smooth power)
Thanks

Pic of Scarlet before this yrs Indianapolis Supercross