Thread: TTX Shock
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1956 View Post
According to my guy at Ohlins, 2 clicks of the CSC is equal to a total revalve. It affects the compression & rebound equally. He agreed with you that 5 out on the CSC is very tight and recommended starting 16 out but probably end up around 18 out. I think he said 35 out is about the limit, it will click farther (I counted 43 and got scared & quit), he said there is a circlip on it so you can't wind it out of the shock () Get the CSC right and then tune rebound & comp individually with 'little' clickers I do like the Ttx stuff and I'm getting pretty proficient at spring changes
I would agree with him too. The documentation says to start with the CSC prior to fine tuning which was the approach I had tried. Going 6 clicks each side must have put me at both extremes. Now that its handling the test track right it'll be interesting to see if it'll still soak up the big landings on the weekend.

I found the same thing with the CSC too. I cam out to about 40 and started to wonder when/if it would stop. Haha!

The 5.4 spring is perfect for me.