View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 10:32 AM

Unhappy Please help me set my EC300 04

Hi all, for the first:sorry for my mistakes in english, i am from from Czech Republic and my english isn´t very good for talking about this technical stuff. So my problem: I bought month ago GG EC 300 04, but I have problem with correct setting of my Keihin PWK38 carb. I am an enduro rider- so woods,green fields and mud are my best friends. I bought my bike after some cross country proffesinal rider, so jetting was set for track and competition. Yeah-when i am on the MX track, the bike runs perfect, but it´s not that what i want to ride. Bike runs good at high rpm, but middle and low isn´t good, there are some holes and everybody who rode my bike said, that it need some carb setting.

So here is my setting:
Slide 7
Main: 180
Slow: 40
Needle: N1EE 2nd clip
Air screw: 3 1/2 turns
Float level: 18mm

i live in about 1100ft and average temerature is now about 15 degC (59 degFahrenheit)

I set my float level to 18mm because it was leaking gas when it was just standing on "side stand". Now is it much better, i can take my bike over 30 degrees on the side and there is no leaking from carb. But i think that another reason of that leaking was,that my carburator body is just a little bit turned to the left-because my "gas cabel" (cabel from throttle on the handle-bar to carb) is too short and if i turn my carb back to the right-to be in the exact horizontal position, the throttle opens itself when i turn handle-bar to the right (as i said- too short original gas cable).

I have NGK BR9EG spark plug, but everytime when i turn it out for a chop test, it is always black, wet, and often carbonized.

I have problem to set my air screw-when i turn it into the 2 turns, the motor starts very good, but it have trouble idling down and also idle screw must be screwed in as much as it is posible.
So now, i have 3 and half turns on my air screw and motor takes back to the idle rpm really quickly, idle screw must be screwed about one turn less, than before, but starting motorbike is hell! When i take GG after week of standing in my garage, i use choke and motorbike starts after two kicks. When the motor is really heat (for example after hard ride on the MX track), it starts really easily-first kick and go. But-when i let it somewhere five minutes or longer, or when i have to start bike when isn´t fully heated, it´s horrible-sometimes it starts with choke on, sometimes it startes without choke, but it is very choking.
Sometimes i kick my GG over 30 times.

So what should i do? I think that i have to taky main jet down to 175, maybe buy new needle, for example N1EF or N1EG?

Thanks for replies.