View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 09:43 AM

Default 2004 GasGas 200 new to site

Hello everyone I am new here and just a little background. I used to race SETRA enduros and was fairly competitive. I did make it to A class but that was in the 80's mostly on KTM's. Marriage and kids pulled me away but have kept up with sport. Now I have a chance to buy my nephews 2004 GASGAS 200 that he bought new. This bike has extremely low hours it still has original chain and sprockets.He did have the suspension serviced once Ohlins front and rear and he put new tires on it.He also added a flywheel weight which I don't know if I like the bike revs slow to me but I have been riding a wore out 2000 yz 125.He just purchased a KTM 450 4 stroke that I think is a mistake. I don't like maintenance on 4 strokes. Can anybody help with setup on this bike.Back in the 80's with dual shocks there was very little setup and I don't want bike if I can't compete. I am 56 and am looking forward to riding again. Oh yeah I think he wants to much he is asking 2000.Oh also I do remember Clay Stuckey on the Kawasaki's he may also remember me. He has always been a class act. Help will be appreciated and I enjoy the site.