View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 06:15 PM

Without being there to see what up... I don't think you have a carb problem.

The idle problem may be due to the dragging. My current '03 200 (and the '01 250 I had prior) had dragging clutch problems. When I'd come to a stop and have the clutch in full, the bike would creep forward, sputter and die before I could find neutral.

My guess is there is too heavy of a lubricant in the case and the adjusting screw on the clutch lever is too far in. (On a side note, any PTFE additives wreak havoc with the GG transmission as well, white goo builds up in the nooks and crannies and can cause the scorpion to stick - effectively stranding you in one gear until repaired, and while not a case splitting event, it's a pain.)

For a while, I ran AMSoil 0w40 and ATF (ford) at a ratio of 50/50 and that reduced the drag to a tolerable level.

I now run 100% Chevron Delo 400 15w40 (same as Shell Rotella), adjusted the screw on the clutch lever out a bit and now I have no problems, the bike will idle in gear, with the clutch pulled in all day.

As for any carb problems, clean it real good and put in the LTR jet kit if you don't already have it.

Last edited by barkeater; 08-27-2006 at 09:58 PM.