View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Hi All,

I thought a little better introduction might be helpful - the new photo gallery that has just been added allows members here to upload and share their photos and also supports multimedia (video clips).

There is a public photo album and users can create their own photo albums to group their own photos by album and also create categories. For example, "FFRDavid" could create an album called "Heppner Ride" and put photos from his ride last weekend and place it in the category of "weekend rides".

A partial list of features includes...
  • arrangement of pictures in categories and albums;
  • picture information stored in database;
  • users can upload pictures with web interface of ftp (and admin can batch-add to database);
  • full multimedia support
  • creation of thumbnails and intermediate size pics;
  • search feature;
  • last added;
  • random picture;
  • user management (private galleries, groups);
  • integration of user management with various bbs (like phpBB, YaBB SE, SMF, Invisionboard, vbulletin);
  • caption, title, description and user defined fields for each picture (searchable);
I haven't played with it much myself yet - but I think you can just throw your large photos at it and there is a graphics package that will scale them down to the right size and compression (quality) so that we can all deal with them easily.

--------------

The photo gallery software is integrated with the bulletin board software in that login & logout is controlled by the bulletin board software - so you don't have to sign up once for the forum and another time for the photo gallery. The slightly "funky" part of this is that you enter via the forum software, and if you "logout" of the photo gallery it bumps you back to the forum to logout...

If there is anything I need to do to "get the kinks" out of it - please let me know.

thanks,
jeff