View Single Post
Old 09-08-2023, 03:03 PM

FIXED

Replaced the diode attached to the relay.

Battery charged to 13.66 volts after a two day 110 mile ride.

Notes on testing the electrical system leading to solution:

#1 Regulator/Rectifier testing - The RED wire is the DC voltage output. Voltmeter (+) on the RED R/R terminal, voltmeter (-) on GROUND. You will get varying DC voltage w/ motor running if R/R is good. View G main wiring diagram.

#2 Diode testing - The RED wire is DC voltage input to the diode. Voltmeter (+) on the RED wire, voltmeter (-) on GROUND. You wil get varying DC voltage if diode is receiving DC voltage/current from the R/R.
The YELLOW/RED is the DC voltage output to the relay. Voltmeter (+) on the YELLOW/RED diode terminal, voltmeter (-) on GROUND. You will get varying DC voltage if diode is good & outputting to the relay. Views I & J main wiring diagram.

#3 Diode/Relay/Battery relationship - DC voltage & current to flow only one way. The diode allows DC voltage & current to pass thru the relay via the YELLOW/RED wire & on to the battery. See lower right corner of main wiring diagram.

#4 Dashboard Charging Meter - This meter only indicates DC voltage is being generated by the R/R. It does not indicate the battery is being charged.

#4 Main wiring diagram - As referenced in my original post, the wiring harness battery interface in the diagram is poor & confusing.

I hope this thread saves some other owners some grief, time & $$.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230908_133119.jpg (131.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 20230908_133309.jpg (123.1 KB, 16 views)