Thread: 2004 300
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2006, 05:17 PM
Site Sponsor

The GasGas 300 is a solid performer it shares the same engine, other than cylinder, head and piston, as the GasGas 250. What I mean by that is the crank, transmission are the same.

The engine rev's a little slower then the GasGas 250 yet they both deliver the same peak hourspower. The GasGas 300s strength's is it builds power right from the bottom and is very forgiving in very technical terrain like mud, rocks and roots.

If your shopping for a 300 two-stroke only GasGas, KTM and TM build them but I doubt you'd be any happeir with any of them especially for off-road riding.

One thing to keep in mind is that GasGas bikes are available in both an EC and DE models. The EC has a heavier ignition flywheel while the DE model has a lighter, motorcross style ignition.

The 300 GasGas has been discribed as a "three-stroke" hybrid offering the best of both two-stroke and four-strokes worlds. I would concure on that statement and would add that it is one of the best open off-road enduro bikes ever built.

I've attended 21 Six Days as a working Photojournalist