Thread: Rut100
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 04:39 PM

Hi Kim, I was there also, was racing in the intermediate class which only did 4 laps (80km).

I was amazed when Chris Birch came past/lapped me about 1/2 way round my 2nd lap, I was expecting more of the fast guys to be following and they just never appeared, the next person to lap me was when I was well into my 3rd lap!! He rode an amazing race and must be phenomenally fit.

Was the hardest race I have ever done. In fact would say it was the hardest sporting event I have ever done, (I have done lots of mountain biking, triathlons, multi-sport races, orienteering etc). I managed to complete my 4 laps in about 4.5 hours. This got me 1st place in the intermediate over 200cc class (over 250cc 4-stroke).

My bike (07 EC250) went really well, but even with the large radiators on the Gas Gas I managed to boil it every lap on one hill. The main thing I would probably change for next year would be not running a Mousse(foam) insert in the rear. I would have preferred to have run a lower tyre pressure at the rear for better control.
My fitness was what really let me down mainly in the upper body, and I to had also had a cold/flu, still do. Will need to be fitter for next year. But for a hard race it is everything I expected and more. There weren't many places that you could rest. On my last lap I had to stop a couple of times to let the cramp in my legs and arms subside before I continued.

Do you have any idea when or where the results will be published? I assume Kiwirider as they were a sponsor, but anything sooner. Would like to compare my lap times to others.

Kerry