View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
I hope I can do the measuremenst over the weekend.

Well, up front you can get away with almost anything. It's just a matter of lining up the disk in the caliper and making some spacers to fit, as long as you find suitable bearings. I (and plenty others) have fitted a GG hub in Yamaha forks, for instance.
Its the rear that represents the problem, as both the chain line and the brakes must fit, while the wheel is still in the centerline of the bike.
People have also used cast street bike wheels from e.g. Aprilia RS125 and I think also Suzuki GS500 if memory serves me right.
I have never built a SM bike, but I did install magnesium PVM Ducati wheels on my Bimota Supermono. Then I had to spend some hours in the lathe and milling machine...
I have never heard of Alpina before, but they look nice.
What part of the world are you in?
I'm in Pennsylvania in the US. It's a lot easier for me to get Warp9 or excel wheels here, but I love the idea of tubeless spoked wheels, and as far as I know Alpina is the only company that provides that (for a reasonable price). I'm going to reach out to Warp9 again and get details on spacing, and also to my local GG dealer to see if they have any experience on the matter.