View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 07:56 AM

Talking New to the group in AZ

Hello everyone. I am new here and very interested in gaining as much knowledge about the GG as possible....specifically the 450 enduro.

I just moved out of a Husaberg 650....found that it was far too much power (never thought I would hear myself say that) for the type of riding I do. That bike was stupid fast.

Anyway I have been researching bikes that I might own next and I have a pretty solid list of the same bikes those of you with 450s were looking at....GG 450, Sherco 4.5i, Husaberg, Husky, ATK.

The biggest problem with having a list like this is you cannot just go to a dealer and look at the bikes. I mean you can go see a Husky and Husaberg in my general area (I have to drive from Flagstaff to Phoenix approx 130 miles) but I don't have a dealer for the GG, Sherco or ATK. There was a GG dealer in Prescott AZ but from my understanding they are no longer a dealer, and the guy in Phoenix that deals with Sherco does not stock bikes.

What I am looking for is any knowledge you can give, specifically problems in specific years of the GG 450 to look for....meaning did 04 have a certain electrical problem? Did the mapping for the FI have problems in 06? Not those questions specifically but any year specific problems. I am looking for used for sure, and I want to have it near to street legal (AZ has very lax rules for plating a bike).

Also if there is anyone in AZ specifically in Phoenix that would be willing to let me take a look at your bike that would be really great, just want to take a peek and throw a leg over it just to see what the bike feels like. I don't need to take up much of your time, just want to see what the bike is like.

Thanks for all your help and time.

Darrin
95 Tiger "Steamer"