View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 10:29 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

hold on a minute gibbo...quest not over!
Bike year & model = 2013 300 EC Race/E
Temperature (degF) =86
Elevation (feet) =300
Main jet = 175
Pilot jet =40
Needle & notch =NECW#3
Air screw setting =1.5
Throttle valve/slide =7

Results:Was only around the block a few times, but...Started( no choke, but then it is 30 oddC), instantly and settled into an idle immediately.Warmed bike up and blatted around the streets. Still a bit of burble off the bottom BUT seemed smoother and had a pretty decent hit up top.
Why an NECW? Cos I've got one of them- the others being N3EG x2, N3CJ, NECW,N1EG and I thought ( well, after reading n_green, jakobi's posts) if I go richer on the straight section , I'd better lean the PJ ( which is not what I did the other day-N3CJ and swapped a 42 for a 40-no good).
Hopefully take it for a ride in next couple of days.

Edit: went for a ride today: 20 C , pouring with rain.NECW#3,40 PJ, AS 1.5, main 175. Started, idled and lugged great. The , after a couple of hours, the idle started to hand.Fiddled with AS ( turned it in a bit), settled.
Got home and cleaned her, thought I might lower the needle and when I took the slide out, it was a bit 'stuck'- white greasy stuff on the back of it.mmmm.Had a look at the airfilter, was a bit wet.So I think I may have taken a bit of water on board!All cleaned out, new filter. Also had a look at the plug, it was dry but black ( mostly).Not surprising as I tootled around most of the time, dont even think I got on the pipe!
------------

Last edited by jpgibson; 01-27-2015 at 01:52 AM. Reason: update