View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseymike View Post
JEEEEEZ....that would be my nightmare, my wife would kill me if i put $ into the bike and it got stolen! lol. That sucks. 18" isnt TOO hard to find, but im very picky about stuff. The rims on the bike now are in awesome shape and look great. So if there was a rim with some pitting, i wouldnt use it. Even though its gonna get messed up riding in woods i at least wanna start with something nice
Ha! My wife let me build the KDX in our living room as I had no garage at the time! Built my Gasser in a buddy's garage.

Don't get too caught up in looks. Those blue rims you see on the KDX I built using Warp9 rims, Warp9/Buchanan SS spokes, and factory Kawasaki hubs. Even soda blasted the hubs so they looked brand new. They literally started collecting scratches from the very first ride and to think I took such care to spoon on their first set of tires to not make a mark. While they are pretty scratched up now I still think they look pretty damn good for over eight years of hard riding on them in the rocky desert.
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220