View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 05:44 AM

Success http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2162

42p, 178m, N3CW#3. AS 1.5.
Well close anyway. Fuel economy is promising at 8.1l per 100k's and there is still room for improvement as it's still pretty blubbery and rich just off idle and especially at 1/8 throttle.

Today was pretty much all high speed large throttle openings along sandy twin trail. The main is spot on and the taper fueling is close to perfect.

On the way home along the tar I played with the choke a bit to confirm things.

Choke on max speed was 129k's and pulled pretty average. Could feel it choking on fuel a bit especially at the mid range. Choke off it pulled hard once on the taper to 132k's.

At 1/8 throttle under load it felt pretty good but was still a bit blubbery. on the flats or downhill it was blubbery and 4 stroking. Pulling the choke on made things a lot worse and sapped the power from the motor so that confirmed I'm slightly rich at 1/8 throttle.

At 1/4 throttle the engine changes note, almost sounds like a swarm of bees are inside the pipe and that's where it starts going into band. I was worried I may have been slightly lean, pulling the choke on made it start blubbering and sapped the power so I'm pretty confident 1/4 throttle is pretty much spot on. The fueling feels great from 1/4 on. Wheelie machine

I'm not sure if ill chase the blubber just yet, no doubt it'll annoy the hell out of me in the singles when I'm between 1/8 and 1/4 throttle all the time but I think first port of call is to send the head off and get that done. Then if it's still blubbering I may try a J diameter with a 45 pilot.

Previous:
2011 Gas Gas EC300 ELC
2004 KTM 300 EXC