View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poelinca View Post
If it's a JD needle, then this is what they recommend on the sheet when you buy the kit for your elevation (temps and humidity may vary from what i've tested this weekend but elevation wise you should be the same):
- 180 main recommended by JD for that altitude (haven't fiddled with it yet so I can't attest if it runs better or not with other size, used to have a 175 before the test)
- 40 pilot recommended by JD (witch is too rich after the test i've made, I can start the bike with no choke when dead cold, hard to keep a clean low rpm idle, used to have a 38 before the test)
- Blue needle #4 recommended by JD ( Red #4 is lean for that elevation -> bike runs very well, very snappy and sounds good once on the needle, but the spark plug is grayish, they say to use the Red #4 from 3000 feet to 6000. I've tried Blue #4 and #3 -> bike is still snappy but not so much as with the Red, pipe sounds very rich but no spooge whatsoever and spark plugs were looking pretty spot on. Haven't tested Red #5 tough, and I'm not sure if I should).

The test was done at:
- altitude: ~600 feet (200 meters)
- temp: ~73 Fahrenheit (23 Celsius)
- humidity: after a full night of rain, lots and lots of water and very very muddy, felt like we were in Vietnam (no offence anybody)
Thank you!