View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I'd let it fully form condensate, then wipe as much of it off with a rag as you can, then give the hair dryer or small fan a chance to blow off the rest. A mist of premix will look after anything else.

Great work on the rebuild - you're getting the full experience - and thanks for sharing the pics. You may have a future in GasGas technical writing
Basically exactly what I ended up doing too Steve. Wiped it clean and I'll give it some fresh lube before the end of the day. The crank rebuild set me back $100 large ones for the local bloke to work his magic. I'm sure there were a few dollars landed in the dealers hand who played middle man for the whole exercise but I'm happy to help him out for helping me out. I specced it back up again and the new crank doesn't rock nearly as much as the old. Side clearance is back to 0.8mm where its meant to be.

The cylinder has been deglazed using some carb cleaner and a scotchbrite pad. Powervalve assembly was cleaned to remove the excess carbon. I didn't scrub it back to metal or polish it up this time. It cycles through its range of motion freely forwards and backwards with the stop bolt removed. The head wiped clean really easily. Not sure if I want to run the gold head or the red one.. Decisions decisions.