View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadfield4wd View Post
I love tellico. Used to ride my jeep up there. Is that the old OHV? Looks like "upper 2"
No, but its relatively close as the crow flies. Basically on the other side of the mtn and on the NC side. This is where you come out past those 2-3 cabins at the top and near the Skyway..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBrider View Post
Great ride report BR. You gotta funny way of doing post injury PT

You'll be hell when you're well!!

I rode that, (we came out on the Skyway up near the Tn/NC line, so I assume it was the same trail), last fall on my Orange 450. It was a handful. I'm looking forward to trying it this year on my XC 200.

Thanks for the post. I'm looking forward to getting back to that area.

RB
Gotta be the same route. No other way up there to the state line that I know of. You come out about 1/2 mile from it (again, as the crow flies), being next to the Hooper bald parking lot.

And thanks. My PT will be taking literally yrs, and will always have some issues..but I'm blessed to just still be able to ride. I was also trying not to get hurt..I've got bad knees from my MX days in the 70s and 80s. No ACL in one of them right now.

I try to hike, or mtb daily(or at least ride the trainer), and I was working damn hard (I had to focus on breathing and riding efficiently, as my heart rate was way up there). keeping the bike up and going thru those long wet slick moss-covered rock gardens. The bike did awesome tho, sans the slightly tall-ish first gear in the really slow stuff.

I do think I might need to slow it down some.. altho I've been "riding" (I've been race'n xc mtbs since 02 until my injuries, and still been riding the supermoto) up till now...But before getting this bike, I haven't been on a good dedicated dirt bike in 25+yrs. So I know I'm pretty rusty.

Last edited by broken rider; 03-08-2016 at 09:30 PM.