View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 08:06 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
It's very easy to point the finger and say we want to know more.. we want to know more. But I think you'll find in the current state of affairs no one really knows more than what has been told.

The factory isn't producing.
Spares are still operating to a limited extent.
Several investors are watching (and waiting).

At a national level importers/distributers see this as a necessary evil. They may know a little more regarding specifics around figures and investors but that doesn't mean we need to know. If things pan out it will put them in a better position, if not the ship sinks. Stressful much?
At a dealer level, they know very little than the rest of us.

Why stress over it? Enough people already are. The world is full of life cycles. Either things will rebirth and the cycle of cycles will continue, or we'll say our thanks and treasure the moments we had. No use turning ourselves greyer/balder over it.
I knew it wasnt going to be a popular post and im 100% in agreement with what you said. Even just a "things didnt go the way we liked but here is what we are doing to keep riders and racers going..." counts for a lot.

Gguk did just that on their official website. (Which I first saw on a trials site)

http://www.gasgasuk.com/gas-gas-uk-ltd-official-update/

If ggna has even publicly or officially acknowledged the liquidation I missed it. Having to scour blogs and translate statements written in other languages due to it being the only info being available does not instill consumer confidence.

This is my opinion as to what id like to see and im not accusing anyone of anything. People are free to disagree and call me out or whatever.

I love my bike and am about to drop major coin to freshen it up for the next 200 hours. It was the first new bike I bought but it wont be the last, and the more choices the better imo.