View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 11:05 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

We had a great time riding the rest of Juniper Ridge, endured going down the Devil's Staircase (and amazingly watched 3 guys come up past us...nuts), and found out that FR 29 and our planned return route was gone. So, we were going to do Tongue Mountain after all.

I'm glad we ran Tongue Mountain south-to-north, that trail has some steep steps to climb and I don't think it would be much fun heading the other way...lol. Had a fantastic time running that trail, caught Gavin doing some acrobatics on the way down and ended up dirt surfing once myself, but no other issues. One of the things I didn't expect upon hitting the road after that trail was being so close to Randle - we were only 9 miles away. Nuts to be that far north in the riding area.

Unfortunately, Murphy decided to screw with us once more and Jim found a stick/log in the wrong place at the wrong time while bombing the single track section of trail 270. Fubar'd the radiator guard and put a hole in the radiator to boot. Fortunately, a quick application of Quicksteel and some luck sealed the leak and we limped back to camp. We covered close to 60 miles the last day and rode roughly 8 hours. All in all, we covered 180 miles over the 4 days of riding and had an awesome trip.

Great group of guys to camp with and such an fantastic area to ride.

I have tons of video to post, will do that sometime soon.