View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto7man View Post
I want to thank Rod for a great Demo Ride Event at the Loretta Lynn Ranch yesterday! I had a great time, this was a great experience! The dedicated GasGas test loop was fun but challenging, it was very well laid out.

WOW, the bikes are incredible! All the good aspects of the older Gassers with all the modern updates. I rode an 2018 XC300 and a modified 2018 EC300 with Lectron carb and Rekluse clutch. I am going to choose my words carefully here, these two bikes are probably the best two bikes that I have ever swung a leg over. THEY ARE AWESOME!

These bikes have an extreme range of suspension adjustability. The XC that I rode was a little stiffer. It was about perfect. The KYB forks and shock are excellent. The forks could suck up any hits and were supple on the small trail hack. Absolutely not a hint of fork deflection anywhere at any time.The shock was the same,just great KYB components and setup on the KYB suspension!

The EC has the same suspension(per Rod) as the XC, but the EC that I rode was setup a little softer. It was softer with a little more of a progressive feel. The Rekluse clutch was great too.

The engine on both bikes is similar in feel to the prior Gassers, but the 2018 motor has more power everywhere. If you like the old GG 300 motor, then you will LOVE the new motor. It's like the old motor on steroids. Rod had a 250 as well, but I was too worn out to ride another loop. I am sure it is great too.

The handling is PURE GasGas. It will turn better than any other bike. The fit and finish is excellent. The starter motor works perfect. The is definitely, IMHO, the 2018 bike to buy.

Thanks Rod for an AWESOME EVENT!

John
My savings account really dislikes you right now.