View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 04:23 PM

I also got to ride the new GASGAS at Loretta Lynn's fall ride. It was really nice, quick to register you and they didn't mind you riding the bike more than once. They had a killer demo loop that was actually challenging so you could really get the feel of the bike going down a steep hill or steep up hills with roots and rocks. Thank you Rod Overstreet for taking the time to talk about the bike and explain a few things to me since I don't know anything about them. The bikes had just been taken out of the crate on Thursday so the first couple hours the suspension was a little stiff. A few of my riding buddies rode them Friday and then went back Saturday and they said the suspension was great even though they needed bigger springs for their weight. I waited to ride them Saturday.

I have owned KTM's since 2001, switched to a RM250 2t and KXF450 around 2010, switched again to Sherco in 2014 and switched back to KTM in 2015.

So here is my thoughts on the new bike. Absolutely Incredible! The XC 300 I rode was a power house but was very tractable. The front end felt planted on the ground and where you pointed the bike it went and it went quick. I found myself over turning the corners while standing up and having to dab a foot to stay up. It didn't matter if it was powder dust, rocky corner or roots sticking up. It went were you wanted it to go. The bike weighs more than my 2016 factory edition 250sxf that I have set up for woods but yet when riding the GASGAS it felt like a 125. Power deliver is smooth with a ton of bottom end torque and the transition to the top end is smooth. I see no need for a map switch because of how smooth the bike is. Don't get me wrong, the motor is one of the strongest motors I have been on in a 2t model.

Ergonomics is outstanding. It doesn't matter how you ride the bike, it feels comfortable. You can sit on the back of the seat just like a Sherco and the bike handles great. The bike feels like a motocross bike because of how thin it is.

The electric start worked great for me. It started in gear with a Rekluse installed in the bike and the starter did not hesitate to turn the bike over. The bonus is that it has a kick starter so you don't have to worry about started problems or a dead battery( Like Sherco and 4 revisions on the starter ). Let?s face it we all screw up and leave a switch on or do poor planning before a ride and end up with a dead battery. It?s not always the manufacturers design. I am sure just like all other brands they could run into problems with the starter or anything else on the bike.

Suspension was incredible for stock. I am 6'5 and weigh 270 with gear. Yes I am fat! The springs of course did not suit me but just the reaction and how the suspension worked was excellent and I still could ride the bike like I wanted too. I currently run Cone valve forks and trax shock and honestly think I could get the KYB to ride just as good maybe better. Some of the best suspension I had was on my KX450F that factory connection did some work on.

All in all it was a great experience not just because I got to ride the bike, but the people that helped with the demo's. I got to meet Josh with Performance Supercycle and his wife and both of them were very nice. Josh even offered to come get one of his bikes to ride for the weekend which is really nice of him to offer.

My Bike has been ordered and will have it soon.