View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky98gt View Post
I concur.

Let me ask this: when you squeeze on the lever really hard, like harder than you typically would to actually brake, does your caliper move / flex very much? It's not a ton, but mine definitely flexes a good bit. I try the same thing on the Nissin system on my XR400, and it flexes just a bit, but nowhere near as much as the Gasser. You have to look really hard on the Honda to see it move / flex, but it's easily noticeable on the GasGas.
I have been struggling with my front brake on my 2011 too.

Its been bled forwards/reverse/on the bike/ off the bike etc with both DOT4 and 5.1.
100% no air in the system.

My Master cylinder is 11mm Ive tried my 2011mc and friends 2005mc and feels the same.

As you have noted, when pulling the lever excessively hard you can see the caliper flex.

I had CNC aftermarket levers, ive found the standard lever to give better feel and as previously mentioned fit a solid banjo rather than brake switch to firm it up slightly.

As for the rear both my bike and my friends 05 needed rear calipers.
The solid side (opposite piston) has either worn or been bent over time leading to the pads (and disc) wearing like this /| rather than parallel ||.

I noticed this slighty on the front too when swapping pads last night

EDIT# Pic of rear caliper attached. Mine was very badly worn, might have been run with pads on the wrong side or something (previous owners spanner work was woeful!)
Mates 05 was similar but to a much lesser extent.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20170914-WA0008.jpg (87.5 KB, 33 views)