View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 07:10 PM

Default Rejet and a Bath

2011 EC 300. I've had her about 2 years now. Unfortunately, for over a year of that I was fighting through figuring out why she wouldn't run right. Turns out it was the reeds, but I created a few problems for myself in trying to solve that one, and it took a long time to get things straightened out.

BUT, she's ripping once again. I always felt like she was super smoky, and not knowing much about two strokes I wasn't sure if that was just part of the issue or what. I was running a 175 main with a NE3H needle in the third (middle) position, and a 40 pilot. Today (actually yesterday, don't hold it against me), I moved the needle down one notch (leaner). Mid and top felt pretty good, but I could tell idle wasn't great. No matter how I adjusted the air screw and idle, I couldn't bring the idle down. Again, not having too much two stroke experience, I didn't want to do any harm, but I noticed that if I 'half choked' the carb, it idled a little better.

So taking that into consideration, along with the fact that I leaned out the needle, I decided to go up one size on the pilot. I figured that makes sense since its cooler these days anyway.

Let me just say...
Damn.

Its like a whole new bike. Very responsive, wasn't smoking all the time, wasn't constantly loading up. I haven't checked the plug yet, but I suppose that would be a good idea.

Anyways, after a few hours of interspersed tweaking and ripping, it was bath time.

Now that I have that sorted, I think its time to fool with the ignitech cdi and try out some different maps. Anyone have any recommendations or custom maps they want to share?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Izzy.jpg (128.8 KB, 100 views)