View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 08:11 PM

Optimistically speaking, the brand will still exist.

If it does, the factory may turn out a few 2016 bikes that missed months of development, have been hastily built by workers that have been laid off for months, have components from unknown suppliers - Zokes is gone, the rest that got stiffed in a liquidation are not likely to be eager to return; think stuff like swingarms, brakes, carbs, cables, plastics, nuts & bolts, etc. GG has struggled with fit and finish issues in the past, and this is not going to make that better.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me to purchase a 2016. If they can get through it, 2017 and beyond may yield great results.

Unfortunately for me, my 5 year plan dictates that I will be purchasing a 2016 ride, and it won't be a GG. Lots of stuff I like about the brand, but there are things that I would like to see addressed before I drop $10K on a new 2016 model. Given the current situation, I don't see that happening, and I'm not willing to take that chance.

I get that the liquidation/re-structure has to happen to secure the brand's future, but it will compromise the 2016 bikes.