View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 09:49 PM

Personally I don't understand why anyone likes the 2t Pamperas. I have and like a Bultaco Alpina which is a trials bike/ trail bike combination. I like it so much that I decided about 10 years ago to buy a new Pampera to go with it and my JT270 trials bike. Money in hand I went to the Trials Training Center in Tennessee to pick up the bike. Before parting with the dough I took a quick ride and completely changed my mind. Yes the ergos were very close to the Alpina but it is way too fragile for for even a C level rider like myself to push to my limits. The kicker was that for me it just wasn't fun to ride mainly due to the trials gear ratios. First through third are very low and very close then the jump to 4th is so wide it makes the motor seem gutless. If you think you would like one of these bikes take a regular trail bike out on the trail and just ride it using 1st and 4th gears. If you have fun you'll love the Pamp. If you just want a smaller framed dirt bike a Honda crf150 or 230 is a much more fun to ride.

Side Note: I did leave the TTC with a gasser in my truck - a 99ec200- it was love at first ride - I've since added an 01xc300 and 07ec250.