Thread: GasGas FB group
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzhitshard View Post
Apologies mate but I think you're confusing "search" with browsing. What you're describing is browsing IMO. The searches don't vary unless you change groups or change your entered search criteria.

Personally, I do prefer to spend my leisurely time checking forums and reading through various subjects. Unfortunately the hard truth is that FB is so much more advanced in search function within the groups no web based forum can ever keep up because most of the board owners can't lay out the cash to actually purchase the most useful software that they'd really like, or even update their current User interfaces. It's not a unique feature to GasGas or a dig on this place. It's just economics.

Also, I'd like to clarify my day drinking comments prior were attempted humor. I had no intentions of sounding snarky.
All good mate! I've not really had any issues finding content on forums, this one or others.. using methods described above.

I have however lost content in the sea of facebook. I know there is a search, and there is probably a way to improve my searches, however I find it much more tiresome.. especially if looking for say a specific picture from several years ago. Here I can find a 'thread' with said images included... vs an image with a thread of comments.

They both have advantages and disadvantages. Facebook is quick and easy, and you reach a large audience in a short amount of time. Forums are on the decline, however still contain a large wealth of information; with many topics being done to death. In both cases you still need to be able to filter the bs from the value.