View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 02:23 PM

After some time off (small injury - too much work), one ride which I gave the carb the break in time suggested and some minor checks and corrections of installation it was finally time to start tuning.

Let me just say one more time that the carb with the factory preset settings worked just fine from the beginning. I haven't touched the idle screw (slide 2mm height as suggested) and the clicker after an hour testing today went from 50 clicks from full rich to 58 and the bike is almost (and I say that because I am psycho with perfection) perfect.

It starts with one kick or one press of the button (I prefer kicking when cold) and it holds a nice strong idle. I see little smoke when cold and when it reaches working temp very little to not at all. As the clicks went leaner the crispness of the throttle became almost immediate upon starting without the need of wots to clean it.

One thing eating me still is what the bike does when on wot for more than 10 secs because I thing it might go lean but it could be just my idea (as I said perfectionist). Todays tests were on public roads and I don't have the place to have good wots and take a spark reading to see but Sunday is near.

Until now the bike runs like a dozer, it's crisp and the torque that I had lost using NECJ with my stock Keihin is back. As for fuel economy I don't expect much more than my keihin because I already had 100-120 kms per tank with my stock carb as it was tuned but as I said it was really linear but had lost the torque I liked in this motor.As for the auto compensation let's just say that I took a really good taste in his maiden ride but I will comment on that later on after using it for some time.

I will ride with it try to fine tune it some more if this is possible and report back in time (making also a small video) but for now what I have to say is that I am really impressed and I find the money well spent.