View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 09:06 PM

Default Chiming back in on my results so far

I was able to finish bolting up my rb-designs mod'd head and carb yesterday and get out for a little rip. As I mentioned before the man's work just looks top-notch. The first thing I did was another compression test. It was 148psi when I sent the head out and it now tests at 150psi. I told him to set it up for pump gas, but I expected we'd be up a bit higher than that compared to other readings I've read about. I've got an inexpensive compression tester I picked up at Autozone, which I assume is consistent if nothing else. Whatever, I emailed Ron to let him know what it tests at now and he said it was fine, more about getting the squish correct. I just wonder if there is something more to be safely had out of it. What do you guys think?

I left all of rb's carb settings as is and just took it for just a quick little rip. The bike pulls strong and clean from about 1/8 and all the way up. No complaints there. I'd say it's as clean in this range as any jetting iteration as I had tried, which was quite a few (although not near as many as Jakobi!). His settings are a little rich down low, but I've got plenty of jets to play with including the ones he sent me. I didn't have any time to play with slow jetting yet and I'm really anxious to see if my air screw actually works now. I need to get out and put some time on it and post back.