View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 06:28 AM

If it's jumping around a lot try increasing F+R rebound damping.

MX suspension is a lot stiffer but I throught that was to be able to handle the big landings etc - if you're not having problems with that (yet) then perhaps your suspension is good for you...

Could you ride some-one's MX bike - maybe it will feel better/faster for you (it will be stiffer) but maybe it will feel worse - this would give you an idea what to do i.e of you want/need to stiffen things up.

If you think you want to move to mx stiffnesses as a cheap way to try maybe increase your fork oil viscosity say 7.5 (standard) to 10 or 12.5wt this would increase compression damping but also the rebound damping which may help with the 'jumping around' - also increase the preload and/or the compression and rebound on the rear - Your rear Ohlins should have high and low speed compression damping, have a play around with them both.

I suspect though if you're not bottoming your suspension out your will get a lot more speed by practicing more than fiddling with suspension unless the softness is causing specific problems.
'95 ish XR630 (died many times in Oz)