View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 08:22 AM

Hi, I have now got the front end to feel almost good, but I can't get the rear end quite right.

As now, the clickers on my rear damper are at standard settings and the rear does not feel very planted.

I tried increasing the rebound damping (4 clicks), which gave me a lot more solid feel when braking and at low speed whoops but it got scary as hell when driving through whoops and bumps flat out in 4 th and 5th gear. I was getting tankslappers from hell all the time. So I turned the clicker back and now I don't get the tankslappers but the rear doesn't feel very planted. Also when driving through deep whoops in third gear the rear sometimes seem to kick real hard, lifting my feet of the footpegs, even if I drive through them the right way with the front wheel hitting the top of every whoop in standing position, as always.

I have the stock spring and about 108mm race sag. I weigh 165 lbs.

Also I guess when driving enduros, in about 50% the speed is usually pretty high. It's almost WFO all the time, with whoops and bumps. The rest is 2 or 3rd gear trailcarving in which the suspension works fine