View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 06:48 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Of course, the forecasters weren't exactly accurate and a nice mist started falling shortly after we continued west. I know we hit several sections of Muesial Ridge and then wound our way over to Muesial Creek. Another buddy tested gravity whilst attempting the run up one section of Muesial Ridge and I was fortunate enough to witness it in person. I think the next time I decide to check on someone, I'll ride my bike instead of hike - even if it means climbing the hill again...lol. Hiking up hill in full gear with a pack is for the birds - there's a reason our bikes have motors Another buddy had to come and help us extract the bike from it's off-trail excursion, but everyone was a-ok and we continued on.

Hit Muesial Creek and really enjoyed running it the opposite direction; hadn't done that before and it was fun. Finished that up and then my buddy threw down and said I couldn't skip the last uphill climb of Cedar Ridge...lol. I couldn't see a damn thing thanks to the mist, which ended up being fine as I probably would have wussed and taken the bypass. Made it up that and then we decided to head back toward staging. Hit Frankenstein along the way and then one final hoorah on Mike's.

All in all, logged 42 miles and had a great rip. No injuries, just abused enduro bikes and tons of smiles all the way around. Can't wait to do it again.

The requisite video dump will be coming shortly; lots of good stuff from the variety of trails we hit.