View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 01:44 AM

Just from this dirt bikers perspective, counter balancers mean nothing to me. I've ridden forever without them and don't see the need.

FI would be nice but currently it's not all that it's cracked up to be on a 2T. Watched my buddy this past weekend with his new KTM 250 with the FI having a hard time getting it started after it had already been run. He looked rather perplexed over it and we gave him a bit of ribbing over it. My old carb bikes normally start 2nd kick cold and 1st time rest of the day. Also don't like on the KTM version that if you drop the bike you have to actually stop and inspect that there are no air bubbles in the 2T oil feed line or you could hurt the engine. That really sounds like a PITA to have to do during a race. Hopefully it gets better.

The only things I think need improving is to keep trying to reduce weight, as long as it doesn't sacrifice reliability, ditch the stinking auto-retracting function of the kickstand for the US market, and fix the weak clutch cover and/or redesign the rear brake lever so we don't see the failure of the cover any more. Of course, this is all assuming they have already done all the ECU, starter wire, and battery upgrades.
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220