View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 04:00 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchman45 View Post
No the truth is as much as I like gas gas..the weight is a deal breaker..ive had alot of gassers...a pinkish 97 or 98 being my first and a 2012 being my last and probably one of the worst new bikes I ever bought with most of the shortcomings related to bike weight...from what I u understand there engine is very heavy because of old school casting techniques. I've heard and xc 250 weighs 232 ready to ride no fuel. So they have made improvement. And in person the 18s look good! I'm old and not as strong as I used to be so I choose the lightest bike available...husqvarna..my question is if you pull the battery and electric start what does the bike lose and are there any other reasonable priced ways to get weight down to say 216-221 pounds?
Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
Bet you dollars to donuts that, if you put a new Husky, GasGas, and Yamaha 250x on a scale identically equipped with 2 gallons of fuel in the tank, you will be surprised at your findings. You?re right the GG will be the heaviest but the Husky won?t be the lightest. And on top of that, the Husky will be MUCH heavier than advertised weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The new husky's weigh in at 152 as well with a full tank of gas and basic guards. There is a guy on Youtube who got a bunch of different KTM and Husky bikes and weighed them all on a proper scale. The 2T bikes from the Orange/White boys weigh almost EXACTLY what the new GG weighs in at. Some companies just lie better than others. Even the Beta X-Trainer weighs nothing even close to what they claim. Its FAR heavier.