View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 10:03 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Default 2018 Enduro GP Review.

This is crossposted from my ADVRider thread and I'm hoping to post at least three posts on my initial impressions, teardown impressions, and first ride impressions.

I figured I'd do a quick write up on my initial impressions of this bike. So here are my inane ramblings.

Quick backstory on me. I'm a 28yr old "intermediate" offroad rider coming off a '12 GasGas EC300. I've ridden and owned a good bunch of different bikes. But only got seriously into offroad about 4-5 years back.

I've been labeled a card-carrying GasGas fanboy for a couple years now, but I'll keep the review honest. I appreciate how they take care of their customers. And now I really appreciate their bikes!

So here goes...

Last fall I was invited to take a quick spin on an '18 EC300 that was brought to North America as a magazine test bike. I assumed it wouldn't be much better than my '12, and went to the ride with no intention of being convinced to buy a new bike. It didn't take long before I was convinced otherwise.
Forget everything you knew about GasGas. All of it. Everything. This is totally different. Gone is the mismatched suspension, gone is the perimeter frame, gone is the confusing importer system, gone is the parts supply problems, gone is everything you didn't like.
GasGas isn't just "back".... They are Here!

The parts list reads like a factory edition bike even for the standard models. The entire frame, bodywork, ergo's etc are new. FMF exhaust, VFORCE4 Reedblock, Keihin carb, Magura clutch, Nissin brakes, Kayaba Suspension front and rear, NG brake disks, Excel Takasago rims, No-tool access air filter, And even more if you spring for the EnduroGP editon.

I spent way too much time deliberating if I should get a 250 or 300, and if I should go for the GP or the standard model.
Finally I had enough money saved up and decided if I was in for a penny I was in for a pound.

So I ordered a 2018 EnduroGP 250. Rumored to be one of only 12 in North America. AFAIK it's the only one in Canada!

Dealer texted me this one when it showed up

First time I've ever bought a vehicle brand new. Seeing 0km on the clock was pretty cool.

Fit and finish on the bikes is really great. Easily equal or exceeding every other major brand I've looked over, excepting maybe TM Racing. I work in marketing and sales. So customer perception of product is something I think about every day. Things that are just wrong really tick me off.

One of the coolest things I think GasGas does is to give each buyer a USB key with all the manuals for all their bikes for the year including promotional materials and hi-res photo's of the machines. Pretty cool detail. It includes all the manuals for the trials and enduro bikes on it from 2018.

I'll try posting a teardown review and first ride review as well when I get some time.

Last edited by CDN Rick; 03-30-2018 at 04:40 PM.