View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 09:49 AM

Rear spokes need retightening, already mentioned.
My case was, 9 spokes locked up, previous owner neglect. Whole spoke was turning.
Liberal heating the nipples with torch, while holding the spokes with grip locking pliers, they could be freed and tightened.
2 were really nasty, so removed completely, cleaned treads, anti seize compound, an it was all set.

Starter motor clicking, even with Lion battery, increased cabling and fine tuning the bendix rotation.
Disassemble the motor, clean thorougly, apply new heat resistant grease to needle bearing and bushing.
Put the rotor in table drill, give it a spin and use sandpaper, to clean the brush contact area (comutator). It should be smooth and shiny.
Be sure to remove possible contact particles between individual comutator contacts. Use stanley type knife.
Recommend doing this every 10-20 hrs, depending on starting volume and water penetration. Check brushes also.

Disconnect lower shock and linkage forks. Check for free movement of "L" linkage. Mine was binding a lot, bearings were intact and lubed.
Removed 0.9mm distancing shim. They are on both sides of the bushing, one was enough. Movement completely free and still a tight fit, without free play.

New style plastics won't fall away, since they now use a tab on the rear of both side number covers in combination with rear fender.

If riding tight enduro, remove the light switch, if you have enduro rotating type, and place it freely behind the front mask, use some zip ties. Its quite costly to replace at 70?.

Using plastic swingarm protector might do more bad than good if riding wet, muddy conditions. Only useful for dry rocky aplication.

Clean air filter regularly, a no brainer, and make sure to heat up the bike properly, or piston will be slapping a lot sooner than needed, due to uneven expansion of piston to cylinder. I'm replacing A piston @ 60hrs, worn to 71.88 (from 71.94). Luckily, cylinder could be polished to former glory with no excessive wear. Previous owner neglect, might I add.

Cylinder gasket, the metal one, 0.5mm, can be reused. Just degrease it, dry it and apply heat resistant spray to both sides. Once heated up, it will bond and seal. Its a hurry up solution, working flawlessly. Use new, if not in a hurry or parts available.