View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 03:56 PM

I agree that there are way too many models in the GG lineup.

I would go with the following for 2012.

125 - Wouldnt bother importing it unless it is a 150.
200 - Std only as most guys who are buying them are just trail riding and it helps hit a nice price point as an entry level bike.
250/300 Std
250/300 ES
250/300 SixDays - An accesorized std model like the current 6 Days with closed cartridge forks and stiffer valving.

Lose the current Race edition for 2012. No need for both 6 Days and Race. If GG cant build the Race any earlier than Jan/Feb than dont bother at all with it. You lose too many buyers by not having bikes available in the fall.

Nambotin or Cervantes Special Edition - Completely blinged out with TTX suspension, race ignition etc..Very limited #s and priced accordingly. Build it in the current Race bike production schedule so dealers can have them for the spring.

I guess the next question is what is the future of the 250/450Fs? An EC300F based on the Yamaha motor with an Athena kit from the factory would be a pretty cool bike. Unfortunately, I think it would be priced out of the budget for most riders. Personally, I think that everyone is jumping off the big 4 stroke bandwagon and that concentrating on 2Ts is the safest plan.