View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 01:37 PM

I'm new to GasGas bikes as just got a 2013 250 EC a little over a month ago. I'm really enjoying it. In May this year I did the same thing as mentioned here in this thread unfortunately. On an easy dirt road section joining between two technical trails I was looking around taking in the scenery at about 50 km/hr and the front started to wash out so instinctively down went the left leg and pop no more ACL. I didn't go down but stopped and gingerly got off to do a little lay down. We were about exactly half way through our ride so I had about 55 kms to go. Strangely it didn't go badly. I have found that straight up and down things are OK. I took a week off of riding because of the pain but have been back at it since then albiet with a fancy $1800 brace. I've worked my way through the very slow Canadian system getting the MRI and surgeon appointments. Just waiting on the surgery date now. Thankfully I can ride just fine although if the bike tips to the left often I just fall over as the lateral strength is just not there. I've become really good at making sure I most always tip to the right. At least I can still ride but hockey and waterskiing have been put on hold (which sucks big time). I absolutely am getting this fixed. I know many just learn to live with it but in my case that isn't the preferred option.