View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 06:54 AM

Motion Pro T3 installed, decent hand guards installed, Lithium battery installed - so much better, the seat weighs a normal amount now, not almost 3 kg!

The forks: Both sides had the std clicker and pfp settings (quick question - does the pfp adjuster click, mine don't, I have to gauge the turns setting by monitoring the position of the bleed screw - sound right?)

Swapped out the springs - what an easy job, although its a shame you have to dump the oil to do it, the only downside of TC forks I guess.

In the LHS (brake side) leg there was 240ml of oil in the outer leg, looks brand new, and so it should, this bike has never been ridden. The cartridge isn't bled very well, the shaft won't extend the final inch of travel on its own and I could hear a bit of air gurgle in there.

RHS leg was better - 290ml of oil and the cart was a little better although still didn't extend the final few mm of travel.

.50 springs thrown in, 330ml of oil put back in each leg, bike back together (16NM for the top clamp and 8NM on all three bolts in the lower leg - sound OK?)

Quick bounce test at 15 clicks of rebound - wow she bounces back quick, I can already tell some valving tweaks will be required.

Tidied everything up and put the bike back together. Tomorrow I'll start it for the first time

Previous:
2011 Gas Gas EC300 ELC
2004 KTM 300 EXC