View Single Post
Old 12-05-2021, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (F5) View Post
You're only as old as you feel. Most of my riding mates are older than me, and I'm older than you.

So I must admit the XTRAINER bought a couple of months back is awesome to hit that button. Much quicker and less strained than my mates 15 EC.

But tomorrow I'm riding my 07EC300. Starts like a charm on the kicker.
I only feel like that in the summer months. The heat has always kicked my butt and I had the smart idea to move to the desert when I was 27, lol. Now at 51, the heat takes even more of a toll on my energy. The winter time I'm good to go all day with my kick only bikes but I'm still going to add e-start to both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseymike View Post
The older bike i guess is more of a cool factor and i have in my mind how it can be....with a decent amount of $ into it. But why? I have a newer bike with anything i would want and more than i could put on the older bike. So i just need to get rid of the damn thing so i dont spend $ on it!
I love riding my older bikes. Makes the guys that drop $10k plus on a new one reevaluate their skills after getting passed by an older guy on my ancient "trail" bike KDX or even my now 10 years old Gasser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseymike View Post
My thinking was put that new Lectron carb on the 03 and not have to worry about anything. It will start on 1 kick everytime....or will it? If i fall will it start? Do they flood?

That "push to start" button looks nicer and lazier at 53. This is why Forums like this are great. To get opinions of others and help talk sense into things you know are dumb, you know is not a good financial decision. I have about 12 hrs riding since i bought the 03 in june, 2 hrs on the newer bike. I just need more seat time and dial in the suspension, maybe put the Lectron on the 19, look into the starter issue with these bikes and fix that before its a problem, and enjoy riding again.....hopefully not alone most the time lol
Eh, dirt bikes are never a good financial decision but who cares? If you enjoy it, why not? You only live once!

I have a Lectron on my '11 EC250R. Honestly, it behaves just like any other carb when it comes to starting cold, hot, or flooded IME. It is pretty nice that once adjusted you don't really need to mess with it for elevation/temp changes. Just be aware that it does lose some of the snap (throttle response) that a normal PWK carb has. I haven't decided if I'm going to keep it or go back to a PWK air striker carb. We'll see, I guess.
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220