View Single Post
Old 12-05-2021, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz11 View Post
Trust me, i wasn't that happy about dropping $10K on the new bike, and I wouldn't have if the e-start option were there. My old bike, outside of the e-start, is fine. My plan was to keep it and not buy new, but 100F in the black hills made it clear that if i want to hang with my buddies, i need the e-start.

Given my situation and condition, that $10K might be another 10 years of riding. $1K / year for riding is cheap.
@Blitz11
Oh I totally get it, and my comment was not directed towards you. I?m right there with ya, at 55 I just recently realized that #1 I?m at the point where I longer want to lift my bike onto a crate stand. Yes I?m going to purchase a foot lever type stand. #2 I?ve been thinking of lowering my suspension, rode a lowered demo KTM @ Flat River Enduro 6 or so years ago and really liked the way it cornered. #3 probably should have never rode and E-start bike (Gas Gas, Husaberg, KTM) cause that sure would be nice also (my right hip is hurting from riding Thursday as I type this).
I was just trying to give another outlook on keeping an older bike.
I completely rebuilt the brakes last summer, and plan to rebuild the wheels this winter. My Son has put a bunch of money into his 02? 250 with rebuilt motor, springs and suspension revolve, mousse inserts, tires, 05? plastic, seat cover, graphics, Clarke tank, bars, bark busters, newer style headlight, f. Fender, fork guards. He was talking of a new bike last fall and I said I want your 02?, he said Oh no I?ll never sell that bike.
Moto Farm motor and suspension service 309 310 2540 leave a message
www.halls-cycles.com