View Single Post
Old 02-24-2019, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser Nate View Post
I have been working on Gassers in Australia since about '02. I love the bikes to death and this 2018 update/revamp is so good I went out and bought one!
One test ride and I was hooked. Kyb's and that grunty 300 motor

On the starter issue, from what I have seen Is like the Mark from GG has said it is not all bikes that are affected. I have seen the 'spin all day long but not start' fault (as if no spark) and the usual effects all two stroke starter motor 'stall when the battery/motor seems to struggle to get past tdc.' This one was simply overcome by another stab of the starter button.
From what I have seen is the main battery earth doesn't go to the starter motor like previous gassy's so adding a earth strap is one thing owners could do to eliminate voltage drop. And the bike that previously had the fault had it's cdi swapped between a few others and since then never failed to start.. so maybe just a dirty cdi plug. Also worth a try.
I am sure these things will be/should be checked by your dealers but worth mentioning.

Hey Nate,

I just bought mine - super stoked with it!
Quite easy to ride too for a 300 2t!

I am having issues with my electric start though - it will spin the motor no worries but won't start it. Sometimes it gets "hung up" but pressing the button again lets it spin up.

It will not start in gear with the clutch in, seems to start in neutral though