View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 06:13 AM

The VDSTS from Techno is a diagnostic tool and trim adjustment tool.
You still need some mecanical know how because it is only checking electrical values and not mechanical problems.

With the trim adjustment, the only way to get it correct is to use a C/O meter. Setting your trim to 45 or 35 or what ever will not work and one bike is differant than another.You may get it close but you wont get it correct.
Some bikes could be at 5 and others at 50 to get the correct c/o.
The best place to check the C/O is at the header pipe. At between 80 and 85deg C and the reading should be 3.5 to 4%.

Adjusting the TPS will reset it to the ECU but if the throttle butterfly has been altered the VDSTS will not reset the butterfly adjustment. Do not adjust the stop screw at the back of the throttle body as this will put the readings out and the bike will run rough.

The Gas Gas EFI is simple and the biggest probblem is Gas Gas did not give dealers enough info on it, this is the same for most euro bikes.

I get told all the time that Gas Gas or Serco or Husky have fuel injection problems but 90% of the time it is not the problem of the bike but who is working on it and that's because they can not get any info from the manufacturers.

I have been working on EFI bikes for 30 years and Gas Gas for 6 years and the Gas Gas is a simple system, it just needs the Spanish to give out more info so people can understand it.
Get yourself a C/O meter or try and ask your car mechanic if you can use his.

The new 2008 Gas Gas EFI is great and needs no adjustment due to now having a MAP sensor. No C/O adjustment and you can adjust the idle but the problem will be that Gas Gas will not be able to supply information so mechanics that know nothing about it will knock it and say its unreliable.

If you dont think i am correct in what I am telling you just ring Techo and they will explain it to you or I would sugest to e-mail the factory and tell them to get a work shop manual that has everything in it, last time I looked at a Gas Gas manual it had about as much info as a sheet of toilet paper.