View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 10:46 PM

Default Gas Gas Rider Now Moves Into Second Place In The Eastern National Hare Scrambles

Round 4 of the Eastern National Hare Scrambles Series was this past weekend in Lynville, Indiana. We are running the whole series so we made the long drive from Connecticut to Indiana. Before this race we were sitting 6th overall with two consistent finishes in the last rounds and I knew coming into this race if I got a top 10 finish, I could be ranked in the top 3 overall.

We arrived at the race early Sunday morning just after the rain had stopped. The heat was ridiculous reaching temperatures around 100 plus degrees. Hydration I knew would be a factor so I made sure I kept cool before the race and drank plenty of fluids. The club that put on the event did a great job with making sure we got going on time and everything they set up went smoothly (scoring, track layout, sign up etc). When the flagged dropped I got off to a decent 3rd place start and just wanted keep pace with factory Yamaha Rider Jason Raines (series points leader). After a hard get off early in lap 1, he pulled out of my sight and I just set a pace and rode consistent. The track was a tight, up a step hill, down a steep hill, off camber turned filled, ravine riding 13-mile loop in a old Cole strip mine. I don’t think I got out of 3rd gear all day with my EC 250 GAS GAS having so much low end power and speed, I didn’t need to do to much shifting, and through the rough terrain and mud my C Cycle suspension worked great. The bike even surprised me at times; it felt like I was riding a txt 280 trials bike as I was going over these near impossible climbs going around stuck lappers as if I wasn’t even trying. When the checkered flag flew 4 laps deep I was glad to be done and have finished without passing out. My goal was top 10 and I ended the day 3rd in AA and 7th overall. That now puts me in 2nd place overall for the season with only 4 rounds to go.

I would like to thank my pit crew (my mom and dad) for keeping me hydrated and taking the excursion to Indiana with me. I would also like to thank Lynn, Mark and Steve From Go FASTERS for all their support in round 3 I rode in Wisconsin.

I would also like to mention my sponsors that make all of this possible:

-GAS GAS UNLIMITED

-C CYCLE SUSPENSION
-TROY LEE DESIGNS
-PRO GRIP
-PRO PIT QUICK FILL GAS CANS
-X-treme ATVs
-Motosport Outlet
- Sandy Pelican Productions
- GAS GAS USA
-WURLITZER RACING PRODUCTS
-MAIER REAL ESTATE