View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishlegs View Post
hey there.i rode the new 250f .it is very nice.i live on vancouver island in canada and the trails here are very slow...i didnt get a chance to open it right up ...4th and 5th gear...but i rode it back to back with a yamaha wr250f and it blows the doors off the yammy...i have ridden the yz and wr 250f ever since they came out...the gas gas set up is definitely way better...i am partial to gassers but i do love the yz motor...what gasgas has for a muffler and their jetting is so much better than the corked up wr...it has very good grunt and pulls hard...it even sounds nice...oh yah ,they modified the yammy clutch and attached a hydraulic unit to it...it works very well...twice as easy to pull...no adjustment...yummy...the bike doesnt feel as heavy as i know it is...im guessing it weighs around 250lbs...real weight...i would definitely consider the bike if your compaing it to japanese stuff...it turns way better than a ktm in the tight stuff too...dave at gasgas pacific here on the island was nice enough to have one as a demo.....i love this guy.....if your ever up here somehow im sure he would let you take it for a spin....just be careful...you might end up buying it....see ya
Well that a very different impression to the ones tested in the UK. I hope it's true. The WR's I've ridden have been good, the KTM better. All turned ok.