View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default GG 300 for this fat old man!

I faced the same dilemma this year, get a 250 or 300.

After 12 years of riding various size KTM’s, I was never really satisfied with anything other than a 200, but only because of its light weight. In my thinking…a 250 Gasser would be the hot setup for me, but before pulling the trigger, I asked a good friend of mine which bike would he recommend for me since we have ridden allot of enduro’s together over the years, knows my abilities as a rider and isn’t afraid to tell it like it is.

Without hesitation or a smile, he said, “Rod, lets face it…you’re too old, fat and lazy to ride anything other than a 300. You need the extra displacement, to make up for your lack of ability and aggression. Those extra CC’s will help carry you along and trust me dude…you need all the help you can get!”

What a pal right? Man that hurt!

So, I got a 2010 GG 300… and have never regretted it once. The bike feels MUCH lighter than what I had expected and has usable power in all situations. If I want to ride like a hero (about 30 seconds worth before I’m winded) then all I have to do is twist it back and hang on. The bike tracks straight thru the nasty stuff and rails turns like a slot car. However…after those 30 seconds are over, and I want to “cow trail” the bike and ride on the pilot jet, the bike will plunk right along at a crawl without a whimper. (I love that map switch!)

For me, the GG 300 is simply an awesome “do it all” machine and I can’t wait for the upcoming enduro season here in the South. I’m very happy with my choice and sure am glad that my old riding buddy steered me in the right direction.

Thanks Clay….