View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Site Sponsor

We messed around with the idea of importing the Trusty variable power valve cover a couple of years ago and found it to be a little pricey, at the time I think it would of retailed around $350 to $400 USD, and a little complicated for the average consumer as they would have to modify / replace the left power valve to install it.

Please note that we never actually installed one, as it came on one of the WEC bikes we had a couple of years ago so I'm not sure what comes with the kit or how hard they are to install other then you have to modify / replace the left power valve so the covers preload spring has something to attach to.

One problem, as we saw it, was because there was a spring either assisting or retarding the left power valve's rotation at all times it basically never had a "stock normal setting" available again as the spring always had some effect on the opening or closing of the power valve.

Another thing we weren't sure we liked was if you think about it if you wanted the power valve to open easier/sooner it would also end up closing harder/later or vis versa which would effect throttle control.

Not sure if these were good reasons not to import it other than we also had to take 20 units to get any decent pricing and we didn't feel we could sell enough of them to make it worth it.

I've attended 21 Six Days as a working Photojournalist